Juan García-Herreros, also known by his stage name "Snow Owl”, is a Colombian born world-renowned Electric Bass Player, who is credited as one of the world’s TOP 10 Bassists according to multiple Bass Magazine publications. Throughout his career he has been awarded with multiple Global Music Awards Gold Medals and Grammy nominations. His remarkable virtuosity brought him on stage with numerous Grammy & Oscar winning artists of all genres. Snow Owl’s groundbreaking work with the Contrabass Guitar has been honoured with the highest recognition from international Bass and Music publications. In 2017 UK Bass Guitar Magazine selected him as one of the 82 most influential E-Bassists in the history of the instrument.
- Started as autodidact
- Won scholarship at the prestigious Berklee College of Music in Boston
- Worked as a professional electric bass player since 1992 with stars of all genres, such as Elton John, Christina Aguilera, Marc Anthony, Shakira, Michael Stuart, Al Jarreau, Lew Soloff, Greg Osby, James Newton Howard, Lalo Schifrin, David Newman, Radio Symphony Orchestra Vienna, Spanish Harlem Orchestra, and many more.
- Since 2006 bandleader, composer, producer of his own, Grammy nominated band Snow Owl
- Snow Owl Quartet (2006) - Winner Jazz First Price
- Snow Owl - Art of Contrabass Guitar (2010) - Latin Jazz CD of the Year (O’s Place)
- Snow Owl - Normas (2013) - 2014 Latin Grammy nominatee for “Best Latin Jazz Album”
- Snow Owl - The Blue Road (2016) - 3x Gold by the Global Music Awards
- Sertab Erener - Painted on Water (2009)
- Tulug Tirpan - My Green Color (2009)
- Mamadou Diabate’s Percussion Mania - Masaba Kan (2014) - World Music Award Winner 2010
- 4 years Professor for Electric Bass at the Jazz Department of the University of Music and Performing Arts in Graz;
- Masterclasses at Berklee College of Music in Boston and Valencia, Moscow Conservatory, University of Vienna, Luxembourg Conservatory, University of Santiago de Cali, and many more.
- countless workshops at international Festivals