Chairman of the Senate / Univ.-Prof. for Media Music (Faculty of Music)
Head of Institute for Media Music: Film Scoring and Music Production (Faculty of Music)
Artistic Major(s): Media Music
Artistic and pedagogical education
- Dissertation (film music) at MDW, doctoral studies (of humanities) since 2018.
- Jazz E-Bass, Cologne University of Music, Diploma, 2001
Teaching & Research
- Lecturer at JAM MUSIC LAB Private University for Jazz and Popular Music & at Friedrich Gulda School of Music since 2013, Senate Chair since 2020 & Institute Director Media Music since 2017.
- German Pop Academy Vienna, lecturer composition, 2011-2013
- Music School Ratingen, lecturer electric bass, 2005-2011
- MDW, iPop, Topic: "Harmonics and their Narratives in Hollywood Film Music," 2018-present.
- Oliver Schmellenkamp: Narcissus, Universal Verlag Vienna, 2021 - over 20 sound carriers.
- Documentaries: Sport Science (Fox Sports Networks), Fight Sciene (National Geographic Channel), The Last American Cowboys (Series USA), Crime360 (A&ENetwork), MysteryChallenge (ZDF)
- Games (over 150 games so far): Boulder Dash (Xbox), Batman (Game), The 3 Question Marks (Nintendo)
Further work experience
- Certified Trainer Steinberg, since 2021
- Development of an audio platform funded by the Vienna Business Agency, since 2021
- Soundeigner, 707 Games since 2013
- Producer, Radio NRW 2001-2011
- Bassist & Producer, Henrik Freischlader Band 2003-2008
Prices, awards, miscellaneous
- "World Media Festival," Germany, Gold in the Global Issues category, 2013
- Best Action Game, German Computer Game Award, 2010.
- "19th Annual Communicator Awards" New York, USA, Gold Award in the category "Use of Music". 2009