Lecturer for Guitar & Ensemble (Faculty of Music Education)
Artistic Major(s): Guitar
Artistic or pedagogical education
- Theory, Composition & Arrangement, JAM Music Lab Private University, Master of Arts with "excellent success", 2021
- Composition Pedagogy, Vienna Music Institute, state teaching qualification with "excellent success", 2017
- Instrumental and vocal pedagogy (guitar), Vienna Music Institute, state teaching qualification with "excellent success", 2014
- Jazz and popular music guitar, Vienna Music Institute, diploma with "excellent success", 2014
Teaching & Research
- Teacher at JAM MUSIC LAB Private University for Jazz and Popular Music & at Friedrich Gulda School of Music since 2021
- School of Music Tanja Schild, electric guitar, since 2014
- Lectures on composition at the international symposium 'Microtones: Small is Beautiful' at the Mozarteum Salzburg (2016, 2019, 2021) and at the 'miCROfest' in Zagreb (2017)
- JAM MUSIC LAB - multi-tone and historical tuning systems and n-tol rhythm, 2014-2021, Master of Arts.
- Development of novel polytonal instruments (clavitones, 31-tone guitars and basses).
- Notation and theory research on 31-tone equal temperament and adaptive re-tuning, since 2013
Further work experience
- Concerts with different formations: U.a. Moers-Festival, Kick Jazz, Jazzfestival Saalfelden, Kultursommer Wien, BEZAU BEATZ, Sansusi-Festival, Philharmonie Tallinn, muth, Another-Festival, Donauinselfest, Porgy&Bess, ZOOM!Festival, miCROfest Zagreb, Jazzit Novo Mesto, wuk, Jazzwerkstatt Wien Festival u.v.m. seit 2006
- Concert and lecture activity, CD production as well as online presence with the ensemble Dsilton as a composer and 31-tone guitarist.
- Guitarist of the Janus Ensemble since 2020
- Composition commission and concert activity with the Beethoven Pocket Orchestra, 2020
- Conductor and composer for 'Tage der Neuen Musik' with the Max Brand Ensemble, 2015, radio broadcast (Ö1) in January 2016.
Prices, awards, miscellaneous
- Austrian Award' at the international composition competition JAZZON 2011 with 'Equal Rides' , a serial composition for jazz quintet.
- Winner of the talent competition Star.t 2007 with a fifteen-minute original composition.
- Collaboration with Max Brand Ensemble, Janus Ensemble, Black Page Orchestra, Michael Mantler, Paul Gulda, Rex Richardson, Dsilton, Hexatonal, Georg Vogel, Clemens Salesny, Christoph Czech, Jörg Mikula, Oliver Steger, David Panzl, Rojin Sharafi, Daria Kinzer, David Helbock, and many more, as well as the ORF.
- Teaching/workshops with Richard Graf, Andi Manndorff, Conrad Schrenk, Peter Rom, Mike Stern, Phil Woods, Bill Frisell, John Abercrombie, Samu Gryllus, Rens Newland, Christoph Czech and many more