Artistic Major(s): Composition and Music Theory
Assistant for Jazz Theory
- 2021 – Master of Arts in Music Education (MA-ME); Major: Composition & Music Theory at JAM Music Lab University, Graduated with distinction
- 2018 – Bachelor of Arts in Music (BA-M); Major: Composition & Music Theory at JAM Music Lab University, Graduated with distinction
- 2010 – Bachelor in Industrial Design; Faculty of Art and Architecture at Azad University (Tehran)
- 2020 – Workshop with Chris Crenshaw and Dan Nimmer from"Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra".
- 2019 – Workshop with Johannes Vogel: „From Scratch to the Mock-Up”
- 2018 – Workshop with Michael Abene.
- 2018 – Master Class with Hans Zimmer ('FUMU Vienna' at MDW)
- 2018 – Workshop with Achim Tang: „Aesthetic methodological and conceptual aspects of artistically inspired music education“.
- 2017 – Workshop bei John Beasley: “Re-imagining Thelonious Monk’s Compositions”.
- 2017 – Workshop with Gernot Wolfgang: “Orchestration in Hollywood - The Workflow”.
- 2017 – Workshop with Bill Dobbins: “100 Years of Thelonious Monk”.
- 2015 – Workshop with Don Menza
- Since 2020 – at JAM Music Lab University.
- Since 2014 – Multiple Workshops in Iran regarding Jazz Theory
- 2006 - 2013 – Lessons at music schools in Teheran
Concerts & Performances (extract)
- 2021 Performance with "BAMDAD XOSH & HIS BIG 'undersized' BAND" (Vienna)
- 2020 - Iranian-Austrian music project (hybrid concert): involved as arranger and supervisor of the Austrian team
- 2018 - Some big band premiere concerts (Vienna).
Discography & Publications
- 2021 Analysis of syncopation in jazz using MTRQS: Metrical Tension and Release Quantification System (Master's thesis)
- 2019 - "The Basic Theory and Harmonics of Jazz" (Naghshe-Jahan Publishing House): the first jazz theory book written in Persian.
- 2019 - "Unwritten by Herb Pomeroy - some advanced tonal techniques in jazz": article in the 176th issue of the Persian professional journal "Art of Music".
Various music publications under the artist name "Bamdad Xosh" (excerpt):
- 2021 - Elegy for Unsung Lullabies
- 2020 - Schubert's Serenade (Jazzy Version)
- 2020 - The Gloomy Dusk
- 2020 - Being Liberated
- 2016 - Her Laughing Eyes