Yu Chun Huang
Univ.-Prof. for Media Music (Faculty of Music)
Artistic Major(s): Media Music
Artistic and pedagogical education
- University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna, Media Composition and Applied Music, graduated 2013 with honors.
- University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna, Postgraduate Composition, 2015.
- 2005 - Composition Workshop with Larry Sitsky / ANU, Australia
- 2009 - Film music workshop with Tandun / Graffenegg
- 2010 - Composition course for film with Bruce Broughton, Baden
- 2011 - Composition course for music theater with Hans Würthrich, UdK Berlin
- 2013 - Orchestration course with Conrad Pope, Baden
- 2015 - Recording Workshop Chamber Orchestra with Christopher Young, Baden
Teaching & Research
- Teaching at JAM MUSIC LAB Private University for Jazz and Popular Music & at Friedrich Gulda School of Music since 2015.
- 2019 - Taipei National University of Arts - guest teaching position and leading a workshop for instrumentaion in film music
- 2015 - 2020 Performing Arts Center Vienna - Lectureship for music theory and ear training
- 2015 - Shanghai Conservatory - Lecturer in the "Composition Technique Theory Forum".
- 2016 - Mdw - Lecturer in the symposium Composition and Music Theory in China since 1949, sponsored by Eurasia Pacifc Uninet.
- Compositions for radio plays (Deutschland Radio Kultur, ORF, WDR), theater (Theater Bonn, Dreiraum-Theater Wien, Burg Perchtoldsdorf), film (ARTE/WDR)
- Composer / Midi Producer for Orchestral Tools and Native Instruments
- Orchestration for concerts - Hollywood in Vienna, Christmas in Vienna
- Various orchestral performances with AMF Orchestra (Maine, USA), Freies Orchester Leipzig, Max Steiner Orchestra
- Co-production of various albums with Track15 FCC and Deutsches Filmorchester Babelsberg (Universal production music, Sonoton Verlag, West One