Bachelor of Arts in Music Education
I more or less think that the trombone was chosen for me. I first selected a violin, which I didn't do too well with, and, ironically, the only thing left was the trombone.
The Bachelor of Arts in Music Education degree with Trombone as the main subject ensures that you garner of a diverse range of qualifications necessary for your future career as an educator:
- A professional level of proficiency with your main instrument
- The concepts of methodology and didactics in the fields of Jazz and Popular Music
- Ability in undertaking scientific research and reflection in relation with music education, as well as with creative processes, i.e. artistic research
- Social competence in communication, project planning and in the areas of marketing and management
The learning engagements consist of weekly lessons and lectures in the main subject, as well as in compulsory and free-choice electives: Stage Bands, Improvisation, Rhythmical Training, Music Theory, Didactics, Methodology, Teaching Practice, Lesson Observation, Music Business and more.
- Study Program: Bachelor’s Degree
- Duration: 8 Semesters
- Workload: 240 ECTS
- Degree - Academic title: Bachelor of Arts in Music Education (BA-ME)
- Prerequisite for admission: Passed entrance examination